Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

The hardest part about writing my first full length AP Lang essay was thinking of ideas for evidence and organizing my ideas. It was hard to come up with subtopics for my claim. Once I was able to think of subtopics I think the easiest part of the essay was writting the thesis. I wasn't able to come up with strong evidence so next time I would be able to structure and write my essay better if I had better evidence. Next time I'm not going to rush into writing and instead spend more time brainstorming my topic.

Summary: In class we practiced writing a full length argumentitive essay.

Reflection: Through this practice I learned the importance of brainstorming and planning what I'm going to say on  paper before writing it. I also learned that having stronger evidence will help me better on future essays and the AP exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.