Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

 The hardest part of building and writing an argument for me is gathering the commentary. I feel like I don't always have much to add. I struggle to make the commentary long enough and connect the evidence back to my claim. I have deffinantly gotten better at it from Ap seminar but it is still hard for me especaily when I'm not intrested or well informed on the topic. I hope to improve and build my skills for all of the parts of building a strong argument.

Summary: Today in class we went through what it takes to build a good argumentative paragraph and then picked an unpopular opinion to write about

Reflection: I learned how to work with a group to come up with ideas for evidence. I think that having people to learn off of helps me improve my own writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.