Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
One time one of my friends used informal language towards my teacher when she was trying to get her to fix her grade. My friend came off rude when she wasn't trying to. Because of this the teacher got frusterated and it didn't seem like she was treated with much respect. I think that in this situation it would have been better to use formal language so that you are nice and display a certain level of respect. This taught me that it is important to change the way you speak around a certain audience and try to be as respectful and polite as possible.
Summary: Today in class we looked over the difference between formal and informal language and when it is necessary to use either one we also worked on our writable paragragh.
Reflection: I learned that there are certain times were formal language is necessary like in an acedimic paper. I think that this will help me sound better and more appealing to the audience I am speaking to.
Comments
Post a Comment