Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

 I use the word "like" a lot in daily conversations with friends. When I am telling stories or explaining something I find myself using that word the most. I don't like that it makes me sound less intelligent sometimes. When I use it when Im trying to think of what I am going to say next in the conversation. I also think that it connects my thoughts well and emphasizes what I am trying to say. I use it so much that it has become a normal part of my vocabulary and normally I don't even realize when I am saying it.

Summary: Today we worked on vocabulary words in class.

Reflection: I learned new words that I had never seen before. I think this will help me strengthen my writing style and help me recognize difficult words on the AP exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.