Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 One time I began an assignment withought fully reading the instructions and only focused on quickly finishing the assignment. I ended up not receiving the grade I wanted because I missed certain things that were supposed to be included in the assignment based on the rubric. Knowing the ins and outs of a rubric could have helped me meet every requirement that was expected and receive a better grade in return. After learning about the AP Lang rubric and going through it, I realized how nessacary it is to review. It will help me better plan and revise my future essays.

Summary: Today in class, we went over the first section of the AP Lang argumentitive essay portion of the AP exam.

Reflection: I learned that the evidence portion of the rubric impacts your overall score the most and that it should be my main focus. This will help me prioritize certain aspects of the exam in order to achieve the highest score possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.