Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

 For me, reading through a rubric, depends on the assignment and the teacher. If the teacher fully explains the assignment and gives us the rubric than I normally don't look at it untill after I finish the assignment. For assignments that weren't thoroughly explained I tend to use the rubric as a guideline in order to complete the assignment correctly. Now that we have examined the rubric for Ap Lang argumentative essays I realize that there is a lot I could have missed if I hadn't read it. I now understand what is excpected of my writing and how to accomplish a well written essay. The rubric acts as a rodamark to improve my writing by providing structure and allows me to decifer what to focus on the most. I now believe that reading the rubric is necessary to lead your focus and allow for complete understanding on the assignment.

Summary: Today in class we went over the Ap Lang argumentative essay rubric and highlited the main focuses.

Refletion: I learned that reading the rubric thoroughly is helpful to discover expectations and create a foundation for you to work on. This will help me understand what the AP exam essays entail and what to expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.