Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
The vocabulary word that I think will be the most useful to me in the future is pellucid. It is easy for me to remember and it can be used in my essays. Pellucid describes something that is clear and easy to understand. In AP Lang I could use pellucid to describe a claim or another authors argument. For example I could say the claim "schools should start later because teenagers need more sleep to perform well academically" is pellucid because it is clear and direct. I think this word will become very useful because it gives me a more sophisticated wasy to describe clarity in sentences and in my essays.
Summary: In class today we studied vocab words and completed exercizes.
Reflection: I learned new vocabularly that I have never seen before. I think this will help me understand and comprehend more advanced texts and write more sophisticated essays.
Comments
Post a Comment