After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.
One takeaway that I had was that the most impactful catagory to your grade was the evidence and commentary. I think that I need to apply my main focus to this category in order to earn the most points. In contrary the easiest category to score a point in was providing a clear thesis. When reviewing and looking over these essays I found that is wasn't that hard to earn 5/6 points as long as you follow the desired layout. The sophistication point was more difficult to receive but not impossible. Another observation that I had was that the commentary was missing in a lot of the essays we reviewed. This weakened their argument and didn't tie the evidence to their thesis or claims. I think that I need to focus on stating clear evidence and connecting it well back to my claim in order to score a 4/4 in this catagory and do well on the AP exam.
Summary: Today in class we reviewed sample AP exam essays and scored them based on the rubric.
Reflection: I learned a lot about what is expected to be included in your essay and how the format should look. This will help me on the future AP exam and allow me to format my essays correctly.
Comments
Post a Comment