Write about something that you believed as a child.

 When I was little, I believed in the tooth fairy. As a kid, my mom would put money under my pillow every time I lost a tooth. I would wake up in the morning, check under my pillow, and see the the bright gold one dollar coin sitting there. It brought me so much excitment that I never questioned the tooth fairy not being real. I would collect and treasure the coins untill I got older and eventually realized that the tooth fairy wasn't real. I think that believing in small things like the tooth fairy, Santa, and more, as a kid really helped create a magical childhood.

Summary: Today we talked more about arguments and discussed the three types of claims.  

Reflection: This helped me better understand the difference between a claim and a statement of fact. Learning about claims of fact, value, and policy will help me build and structure a stronger argument and determine what someone elses main argument is.

Comments