Write about something that you believed as a child.

 When I was little, I believed in the tooth fairy. As a kid, my mom would put money under my pillow every time I lost a tooth. I would wake up in the morning, check under my pillow, and see the the bright gold one dollar coin sitting there. It brought me so much excitment that I never questioned the tooth fairy not being real. I would collect and treasure the coins untill I got older and eventually realized that the tooth fairy wasn't real. I think that believing in small things like the tooth fairy, Santa, and more, as a kid really helped create a magical childhood.

Summary: Today we talked more about arguments and discussed the three types of claims.  

Reflection: This helped me better understand the difference between a claim and a statement of fact. Learning about claims of fact, value, and policy will help me build and structure a stronger argument and determine what someone elses main argument is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.