How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Living in Atlanta, Georgia has influenced the way I see my community because of the diversity of cultures and ethnicities and how everyone interacts with eachother. It helps me understand that the make up of a true community is living together in harmony whether your have different views or feelings about certain things that shouldn't affect the way you feel about others. If I were speaking to someone outside of Atlanta about my community I would tell them how Atlanta has deep culture and is very involved and connected to the rest of the world. I would also tell them that most people in Atlanta are unafraid to express there concerns and beliefs. Overall Atlanta is a very unique area because of its ethnic makeup and it allows you to experience different cultures in terms of music, art, and food.

Summary: Today in class we analyzed a speech and pulled out the use of different rhetorical appeals.

Reflection: This helped me understand how the author uses certain rhetorical devices and how to find those in a speech. I also learned how to use those devices for my own arguments by seeing how it affects the audience and how it makes an argument stronger.

Comments