As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

As I continue to grow older and face new experiences, I think that I will have to stand up for my political beliefs. The more I notice the unjust issues that occur in our world today, the more I realize the importance of researching and gathering evidence. This helps me better understand certain situations and allows me to create a well-informed opinions on important subjects. I feel like the topic on who to vote for comes up quite often whether students expressing their beliefs in a classroom or society discussing it in general. I hope to have a good argument with quality evidence for any debate that I may encounter.

Summary: Today we took notes on what a good argument consists of as well as discussing the origins of our classmates names.

Reflection: I learned that a good argument is an opinion supported by evidence and that there were three main parts of an argument. This will help me create structured and clear arguments that I can use in an essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.